After the Treaty of Verdun, Charlemagne's three feuding grandsons broke up the kingdom even further. Part of this territory also became a battleground as new waves of invaders attacked Europe. The constant warfare led to the rise of European feudalism, a political and economic system based on land ownership and personal loyalty.
a. Student will be playing a kahoot (web-based interactive game) to review yesterday's
materials mixed in with new material.
2. The Legacy of Charlemagne
a. Students will be looking at information that introduces them to Frankish life after
Charlemagne, outside invaders, and feudalism.
b. Information (Prezi)
1. Explain new ideas of Government
2. Trace the spread of Christianity among Germanic peoples
3. Identify Charles Martel's successes
4. Describe Charlemagne's empire